The OECD Youthwise Advisory Board
Apply here > https://oe.cd/3uy
This position is virtual.
At the OECD, our mission is to help develop better policies for better lives and we need young
peoples’ perspective and ideas to help us do this.
In 2021, we are renewing our OECD Youth Action Plan in order to place young people’s concerns
at the center of the recovery from the COVID-19 crisis. Together, we can build a transformative
recovery, one that makes our economies and societies more resilient, more green and more
inclusive. To do this, we need every generation’s experience, skills and vision.
This why the OECD is launching Youthwise, a new Youth Advisory Board to bring young
people’s insights and ideas to the OECD, as well as expose them to the work of the OECD and
the role of international organizations in policy making.
As a Youthwise delegate, you will:
- Have a voice in the OECD Youth Action Plan, by bringing your generation’s insights to the OECD and its stakeholders
- Participate in webinars and consultations with member states and engage with OECD experts and members of the OECD Global Parliamentary Network, thus gaining a better understanding of how the OECD function
- Take part in the OECD I am the Future of Work campaign, by leading local events, mobilizing your networks and gathering insights to inform OECD work
- Join interactive workshops with the Y20, meeting youth leaders from around the world
Interested in joining Youthwise?
If you’re passionate about how the world of work is changing, respectful of different viewpoints, open to learning from others, and able to commit to participating fully throughout the year, then we want to hear from you! Applications for Youthwise will open on 5 February and close on 5 March, and may be submitted through this link > https://oe.cd/3uy
Candidates will be asked to answer the following question:
What do you think is the most important action that political leaders should take to help young people thrive in their professional lives?
Selection process and criteria
Applications will open on 5 February 2021 and close on 5 March 2021.
Applicants must be:
- between 18 and 30 years as of 1 January 2021
- from an OECD country*
- fluent in English
- highly interested in national and international debates on education and job policies, as
- shown by their social media activities, school/academic projects and personal interests committed to participating in a number of group activities in 2021
- able to receive and reply to emails
An intergenerational jury of OECD professionals from the Public affairs and Communications and the Public Governance directorates will review applications, aiming to create a diverse, representative group of young people. Members will be announced mid-March; please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Terms of appointment
The standard term of appointment for each member will be from March until December 2021.
Members commit to attend regular meetings with Youthwise members and contribute in
meetings with OECD experts. Some reading to do ahead of time (approximately one hour per
meeting) will be considered. Members will be provided with travel to and from meetings, along with catering and accommodation, if such are required.
Please note that, given the COVID-19 public health crisis, all Youthwise activities are currently planned as virtual events, without travel involved, though this may change as the health situation evolves.