Orleans Central Supervisory Union is seeking a full-time Social Emotional Learning Specialist to strengthen and facilitate the educational process by assisting in the identification and remediation or management of behavior related barriers to learning in individual students, and by promoting a safe and healthy environment in the entire school community. This position is currently based at Orleans Elementary School and is a support staff position.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree, An understanding of how school level behavior systems, social-emotional learning, and behavior planning can work together for the benefit of students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1.0 FTE — 187 days per year (pro-rated for the 2020-2021 school year)
* Communicate a clear vision to all stakeholders that all students will learn, with a particular focus on students who face social/emotional learning challenges
* Collaborate with all school personnel to promote a safe and healthy school environment
* Implement individualized activities designed to make students more available for learning, such as movement or outdoor activities
* Triage behavior infractions with individual students and process with them
* Track individual behavior observations based upon student behavior plans on a regular basis
* Create simple FBAs and BIPs for individual students
* Support implementation of classroom-level, social emotional aspects of MTSS (i.e. CICO, behavior planning, celebrations)
* Assist teachers with challenging situations (i.e. simple FBA, BIP, classroom changes)
* Attend IEP meetings
* Other reasonable responsibilities as needed