Orrick currently has an opening for a Vendor Management Contracts Professional. This position can be located in any of Orrick’s US offices and consideration given for 100% remote US locations.
Who is Orrick? Orrick is a global law firm focused on serving the technology & innovation, energy & infrastructure and finance sectors. Founded more than 150 years ago in San Francisco, Orrick today has offices in 25+ markets worldwide. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality legal advice through our diverse teams and for our culture of innovation and collaboration. Financial Times selected Orrick as the Most Digital Firm of 2020, and in the past five years, the Most Innovative Law Firm of the Year three times and runner-up twice. For the sixth year in a row, Fortune named Orrick to its 2021 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Learn more about our awesome employee experience here: Fortune 100 Great Place To Work certified company.
Are you looking to work in a dynamic team-oriented work environment? Are you a self-starter with a high level of initiative and drive? This may be the job you for you!
Your Responsibilities: As a Vendor Management Contracts Professional, you will support the internal firm-wide procurement and vendor management operations. All “clients” are internal employees from across the firm who will be looking to the incumbent to provide contract guidance and direction as it relates to each client’s unique business circumstances.
· Review, analyze, mark-up (in conformity with Firm standards), negotiate as necessary, and process of moderate to highly complex contracts of various types (eDiscovery, NDA, SaaS and other cloud services, software, evaluation and pilot agreements, marketing, conference, building lease and security, professional services, including Statements of Work, etc.
· Support the Firm’s efforts in revising current and developing contract templates and Firm guidelines.
· Asist in the cataloging of contracts and monitoring vendor performance.
· Identifies and supports all training and development needs.
· Work with Firm-wide internal clients and legal associates as needed.
· JD Degree and admission to practice in good standing in a US jurisdiction preferred, significant vendor contract review, drafting, revising and negotiation experience considered commensurate.
· 4-5 years of related Vendor Management experience including proven proficiency in managing contracts containing terms and conditions related to data privacy, information security, AI and machine learning, the procurement of computer related components and services (cloud, SaaS, software, hardware and maintenance), acquiring professional services, and general IT procurement is a plus.
· Ability to draft in clear, concise, user-friendly terms.
· Must have a strong foundation in contract management, which includes having the ability to draft contract terms and being fluent in contract negotiation as well as being comfortable conducting negotiations with opposing counsel and other vendor representatives from all management and executive levels.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrates a strong customer service orientation towards internal clients; proven ability to interact with all levels of management (both externally and internally), staff and external entities in a highly effective and professional manner.
· Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel and familiarity in working with a contract filing database.
· Ability to manage change within a fast paced, dynamic and progressive organization while maintaining a commitment to the Firm’s core values.
· Ability to exercise sound decision making abilities and good judgment.
· Excellent project management, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ideal candidates will have a firm understanding of the relationship between contract management and how this relates to procurement processes and policies, purchase order and invoice processing, and order management.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
How to Apply: If you are searching for a chance to create an impact, you have a little grit and you love working with a team, we want to talk with you. To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Staff and Paralegal Opportunities Listings at www.Orrick.com/Careers/Paralegals-and-Staff.
No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Consistent with the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.