As we continue to grow, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer I. The individual will have a basic knowledge of electrical engineering and a grasp of involved practices and precedents. Will focus on coordination of project/process management and reporting. Will use analytical/technical expertise to contribute to product testing and ensure that project guidelines are followed and processes are complete. This position is located in Rochester, NY.
· Conduct research, analysis or processes within a larger R&D activity.
· Design, develop and release products to support existing project programs.
· Support existing product in the field through root cause analysis, obsolescence and continuous improvement.
· Ensure completion of activities within compliance and on time.
· Identify and implement process level efficiencies.
· Collaborate with other senior and junior staff on initiatives and projects.
· Complete all required training as prescribed in department training plan.
· May monitor budgets as part of process administration.
· Within guidelines, has flexibility as to method, priority and timing of job duties.
· May be responsible for project or process reporting and tracking.
· Work with program management, other engineering and research colleagues and leadership to ensure parts are designed on time with quality and at cost.
· Work with external contract manufacturing and development partners, suppliers and manufacturing companies to ensure parts are made to print and any issues are raised and solved in a timely manner.
· Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or other related business field. Entry level role with 0-1 year of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with Cadence OrCAD schematic capture or equivalent preferred.
· Basic knowledge of printed circuit board layout.
· Ability to do minor circuit board modifications.
· Knowledge of digital and analog ICs including microprocessors, CPLDs, analog-to-digital converters, op-amps, voltage regulators.
· Knowledge of optical sensors, switches, stepper motors and DC motors.
· Knowledge of hardware description language such as VHDL.
· Knowledge of EMC best practices
· Ability to travel up to 10%