Performs sonography in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology, and equipment limitations.
- Evaluates, synthesizes, and communicates diagnostic information to the attending physician or radiologist.
- Communicates effectively with the patient and health care team and provide education regarding the procedure and equipment to ensure patient understanding.
- Associate’s degree or higher in Science required upon hire OR
- Associate’s degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- No experience required
- RDMS – Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer required upon hire OR
- RDCS – Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer required upon hire OR
- RVS – Registered Vascular Specialist required upon hire OR
- RVT – Registered Vascular Technologist required upon hire OR
- RT(S) – Registered Radiological Technologist in Sonography required upon hire AND
- BLS – Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires in-depth skills and knowledge of the specialized concepts, practices, and procedures in the area of specialization.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of the specialization as well as business needs to recommend appropriate action.
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.