The Diversity Action Alliance (DAA) Communications Fellowship is a one-year program that provides recent college graduates with the opportunity to assist the DAA Executive Director with the execution of Digital and Traditional Communications strategies toward the mission of the DAA.
DAA Fellows are highly qualified undergraduate or graduate students studying Public Relations, Communications, or a related field of study. Applicants may also be recent graduate degree recipients.
Fellows gain educational and hands-on experience in areas related to public relations, diversity, equity and inclusion, traditional media, and social media engagement.
· Fellow will receive an industry mentor to meet with quarterly during the fellowship program
· Access to Hootsuite, Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud and Virtual Conference Platforms
Cycle 1 (March 2021 – February 2022):
Application Deadline – March 10, 2021
Cycle 2 (January 10, 2022 – December 31, 2022)
Application Deadline – December 1, 2021
· Background and/or pursuing degree in corporate communications, public relations, marketing, or journalism (current graduate student preferred)
· Interest in Social Justice and DEI required
· Excellent attention to detail, including proofreading and editing ability
· Outstanding written and oral communications skills
· Preferred experience with email marketing and marketing automation platforms such as Higher Logic, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Klaviyo and HubSpot
· Experience writing/editing for the web (blogging and other web-based content)
· Basic knowledge of HTML preferred but not required
· Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator) and interest in data analytics is a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROJECTS
· The 2021 DAA Fellow will be responsible for the following projects:
o Research project to create and implement an organization DEI self-assessment to accompany and precede access to the Best Practice Resource Center
o Curate an onboarding package for new signatories, Advisory Council Members and Board Members
· Other ongoing responsibilities for DAA Fellows will include:
o Monitoring and Administrative duties for DAA Solutions Finder Inbox
o Solutions Finder Response compilation into comprehensive resources to be added to the Best Practice Library
o Assist with external communications for DAA campaigns, newsletters, and events
o Stay up to date on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion News and trends
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio sample to Aashna Dhayagude email@example.com.
About the Diversity Action Alliance
The Diversity Action Alliance (DAA) is a coalition of Public Relations and Communications leaders dedicated to accelerating progress in the achievement of meaningful and tangible results in diversity, equity and inclusion across our profession. The DAA advocates for continuous improvement for underrepresented groups in the profession as measured by: Recruitment, Retention and Representation in management. Learn more about the DAA and our goals on the Diversity Action Alliance website.