Palladium is in the business of making the world a better place, and we believe that systemic approaches are the way to achieve progress and success. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, and communities to create Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value – and implement solutions that generate lasting social, financial, and environmental benefits.
We believe that everyone deserves equitable economic, political and social rights and opportunities, and we aim to stimulate opportunities to implement solutions that advance social justice. Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium’s US Health Practice is a new line of business that draws on the company’s success over 50 years in reducing health equity gaps around the world. The practice applies root cause solutions to reduce racial, ethnic, and socio-economic health inequities in a range of health areas. Our team is a highly dedicated group of professionals with complementary multi-sectoral expertise in community engagement, health policy, quality of care, health education, data analytics, health finance, impact investing, workforce development, environment, strategy, and collective impact.
Position and Summary
The Sr. Business Development and Technical Advisor will identify and pursue growth areas for the US Health Practice, build a pipeline of health opportunities, and lead successful proposals and solutions to build a strong and impactful portfolio of health equity and other health engagements and projects.
This position requires a strong understanding of racial and other health inequities in the United States and their root causes, US health industry expertise, numerous relationships across the US health industry, a combination of business development and technical expertise, comfort with ambiguity, experience in government and/or consultative sales, a collaborative orientation, and a strategic mind-set.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow the practice across a range of technical solution and client platforms
- Lead and contribute to proposal development
- Work in dynamic and collaborative team environment to develop solutions to health inequities and other health challenges
- Provide technical support to engagements and projects
- Play a principal role in expanding our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Reports to Palladium Partner, US Health Practice
- Deep experience in the US health industry with a focus on health equity, population health and/or the social determinants of health
- Subject matter expertise in a specific health area (e.g., maternal health, HIV/AIDS, COVID, mental health) and/or a cross-cutting technical area (e.g., evaluation, community engagement, policy, impact investing, health finance, innovative finance)
- Strong understanding of racial and other health inequities and their root causes
- Extensive business development experience
- Proven track record of winning work
- Proficient in capture methods
- Proven ability to build strong and trusting professional relationships and networks
- Insight into key industry pain points, pricing, and positioning
- Strong management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability
- Highly self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a team