The Business Requirements Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, be they customers or end users. The Business Requirements Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understanding of business requirements.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Develop strategies for eliciting, documenting and analyzing requirements.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, each of which may be at a different stage in the project life cycle.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to balance the demands of scope, project timeline, and resource level and analyze tradeoffs.
Education, Experience & Skills
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems and/or five years related work experience.
- 1-3 years of work experience as a business analyst or project manager..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an agile environment.
- Experience with Axure, Foundation, Airtable, Sharepoint, and/or Google Analytics is a plus