Position Title: Associate Director, Digital Marketing
Reports to: Director, Digital Engagement and Response
Location: Boston- Preferred (minimal travel), Remote-US based
Reporting to the Director of Digital Engagement and Response, the Associate Director of Digital Marketing leads the development and measurement of digital campaigns that supports PIH goals and that reinforce long-term brand objectives. In addition to their primary responsibility of directing PIH’s paid media efforts, the Associate Director oversees an internal team of channel experts (email and social) and outside agencies to coordinate awareness, acquisition, fundraising and community engagement efforts. The Associate Director follows audience insights and emerging trends to expand PIH’s reach on digital platforms and optimize overall performance.
- Drive the development of integrated digital campaigns to meet or exceed fundraising goals, acquisition targets, and increased awareness of PIH’s global mission and impact.
- Lead all paid digital marketing efforts and specifically:
- Plan and manage the digital paid media budget.
- Making appropriate media investment recommendations.
- Execute media buys and report on campaign results—across social media, SEM, display, and other channels—in close collaboration with external agency partners.
- Manage the day-to-day vendor communications ensuring timely execution of agreed upon deliverables.
- Manage a campaign team of two direct reports (Social Media Manager and Email Manager). Grow the team’s expertise by providing leadership, mentorship, and coaching.
- Provide regular reports on relevant KPIs across all digital campaigns, with recommendations for ongoing and future campaigns.
- Develop campaign briefs and work closely with content producers and digital team on campaign direction, content development, copywriting, and production of final deliverables.
- Serve as the team lead for third-party digital marketing partnerships and digital brand collaborations.
- Monitor digital trends, innovations, and technologies, and make recommendations for implementation to continuously optimize the impact of the PIH’s digital communications.
- Ensure PIH’s voice and brand is consistent across channels and campaigns.
- Evaluate emerging digital technologies and make recommendations for adoption where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Past experience successfully managing teams, vendors, and paid media budgets.
- Passionate about global cause marketing for social justice.
- Solid experience in paid media and digital campaigns. Digital fundraising experience a plus.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries. Excellent team coaching skills.
- Proven data-driven, audience-centric approach to campaign building. Solid understanding of analytics.
- Experience managing external agency or direct agency-side experience.
- Strategic content development skills, including experience writing copy for a range of digital platforms, under tight deadlines
- Interest and knowledge of new and emerging social and digital industry trends.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.