Job Title: Inventory and Data Entry Clerk
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Location: Boston, MA
The Inventory and Data Entry Clerk will report to the Logistics Manager and support the Supply Chain and Logistics team in ensuring that critical data required for orders and shipments planning is kept up to date and that inventory located in Massachusetts reaches Partners In Health (PIH) sites according to programmatic importance. They will need to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. This position is Boston-based and involves interaction with international staff and volunteers. The ideal candidate will have experience working in inventory management and international logistics in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, and must demonstrate superior organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as flexibility and good communication with a variety of stakeholders.
The Supply Chain and Logistics Team is responsible for supplying PIH sites with medical and programmatic equipment, supplies, and pharmaceuticals. This scope of work includes international order management and administration, sourcing new items and identifying best pricing, overseeing US-based warehousing, managing international shipping and documentation, coordinating the customization and implementation of PIH’s supply chain management software, designing reports, providing support for biomedical and facilities teams, and providing technical support.
Inventory Management and Shipment Coordination (50%)
- Receive incoming orders at the Boston office, including unloading inbound freight deliveries and checking against purchase orders.
- Record and manage Boston inventory in the relevant electronic system for each country, ensuring systems are kept accurate and current.
- Pack suitcases and coordinate with travelers to transport urgent, fragile, or essential equipment and communicate with project-based staff to help ensure that items reach their final destination. Monitor travel calendars for PIH staff and affiliates to identify travelers.
- Send requests for quotation, select best lead time, and identify cost savings for packing and shipping needs.
- Coordinate and pack all outgoing shipments from the Boston office. Prioritize outgoing items according to programmatic priority.
- Liase with vendors and donors to coordinate shipping logistics.
- Assist with emergency and out of office tasks as needed, such as donation pick-up in the Boston area.
Data Entry (50%)
- Ensure purchase order data are accurate based on updates from vendors.
- Confirm receipt of items in electronic system for international shipments.
- Assist with creation of customs documentation as needed.
- Perform data cleaning activities.
- Collect data to measure key performance indicators for the Supply Chain & Logistics team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 -2 years of experience coordinating logistics activities, including at least one of the following: inventory entry and reconciliation; placing orders with vendors; problem solving related to ship dates, vendor errors, and order changes; shipping products internationally; coordinating trucking transportation.
- Demonstrated success maintaining tracking systems and/or doing fast-paced data entry.
- Comfort with learning new electronic systems.
- Experience working with ERP systems and strong Excel skills preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work and problem solve creatively in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, work as part of a dynamic team and share tasks as needed.
- Flexible and adaptable. Ability to respond calmly and creatively in emergency situations.
- Ability to lift cartons up to 50 pounds.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care. PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems.
As of today, PIH runs programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Mexico, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Malawi, Lesotho, Russia, Kazakhstan, Navajo Nation), where it provides direct care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states, and municipalities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.