Job Description: Communications Internship (Remote)
The Partnership for Global Security (PGS) is a recognized international leader and innovator in nuclear and transnational security policy, developing actionable policy responses to 21st Century challenges by working with diverse, multi-sector stakeholders. For the past 20 years, PGS has applied its unique focus and strategic thinking to create timely, authoritative, and actionable policy proposals for busy policymakers that have strengthened international security programs.
As a non-profit organization, we recognize the importance of raising awareness among policymakers and the public on issues related to nuclear security, nuclear power, geopolitical risk, and transnational governance. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, and innovative individual to help develop and implement our communications and social media strategy.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to assist a recognized non-governmental organization with an ambitious, forward-looking agenda. The intern will work closely with PGS staff and its professional communications consultant and will gain an understanding of how a small nonprofit organization operates. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the new PGS communications strategy and help develop its relationships with external stakeholders.
- A commitment to work 15-20 hours per week
- Assist with the design and implementation of a new PGS communications strategy
- Assist in planning, writing and distributing a topical newsletter, and assisting with other content, such as commentaries, blogs, and press releases
- Maintain the PGS Constant Contact email list
- Update the PGS website when needed, and develop creative and innovative content
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, distribution strategies and methods to engage the public
- Monitor and help manage the PGS Twitter account @PGSnuclear and other social media platforms when needed
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented individual with a strong interest in the organization’s agenda and goals
- Outstanding verbal and writing communication skills; experience in strategic communications and social media management preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office; knowledge of Constant Contact and WordPress preferred
- Ability to work independently and respond quickly to direction
- Current graduate students preferred