About the Firm
Founded in 2007, Penserra Securities LLC is an institutional financial services firm with offices located in New York, Chicago, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Services include Global Equity Trading, Fixed Income Trading, Investment Banking, ETF Sub-Advising, and Transition Management. Penserra is a certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE).
The ideal candidate would incorporate into his or her work ethic the principles of The Penserra Mindset, a set of corporate culture initiatives established to promote a positive work environment and prioritize client relationships. The Mindset pillars foster respect for colleagues, recognition of employee accomplishments and investment in learning opportunities.
Functional Title: Junior Operations Specialist
Corporate Title: Associate
Assignment: Full Time (Permanent)
· 0-1 years of business operations experience, preferably in the Finance industry
· SIE Exam and Series 7 License (to be obtained within the first six (6) months of hire)
· Must have good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
· Ability to work efficiently with the utmost attention to detail under stress
· Ability to manage and evaluate large sets of data across a variety of inputs
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal
· Proficient knowledge of Excel with a solid overall aptitude with learning technology and systems
· Pass the SIE and Series 7 exams
· Assist in checking prior day trades to ensure account compliance
· Produce, review, and distribute various daily trading operations reports in support of the equity trading and asset management departments.
· Help maintain accurate client records by confirming and delinking terminated accounts.
· Maintain applicable account lists, track the efficiency and progress of various daily exports, maintain records of recurring distributions and work with client custodians to resolve outstanding items.
· Label new accounts as well as perform daily/weekly checks to validate account labeling.
· Review custodian alerts and restrictions against internal systems.
· Send trade confirmations and assist with trade settlement for accounts
· Work with trading and compliance to create and maintain procedures and documentation for operations best practices.
· Orinda, CA or Red Bank, NJ
· Market Hours Depending on Time zone (8am NJ and 5am CA)
Compensation: $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
· Bachelor of Arts or Science – ideally in Finance, Business, or Computer Science
Penserra is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, discharge from the military service or based on a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job for which they have applied.