Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine’s 2019 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we’re building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
- Join our team in building our new microservices-driven e-commerce platform at Inc 5000’s fastest growing retail company.
- Help build our new headless e-commerce platform from the ground up with reliable and well-designed APIs to deliver existing and new applications at scale to millions of shoppers each year
- Improve our web and mobile customer journeys with personalized user experiences driven by shopping history, our financial products, and data science.
- Work cross-functionally to introduce new product recommendations and better product search to keep customers engaged
- Build solutions to allow customers to return products with more ease and to increase post-order satisfaction
- Monitor and optimize API and cross-platform app performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with Python or equivalent object-oriented programming language
- Minimum 1 year of React or equivalent modern frontend library
- Experience with building distributed systems
- Working knowledge with REST API Design
- Exposure to both relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with scrum or other agile development methodologies
- Strong focus on writing and deploying clear, readable, testable code
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to create elegant user experiences
- Working knowledge of Postgres and MongoDB
- Worked with Flask or equivalent lightweight frameworks
- Worked with GraphQL or equivalent querying language
- Worked with Redux or equivalent state management library
- Understanding AWS, Docker and Linux-based systems
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- 401k with Company Match
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Gym + Public Transportation Subsidy
- Student Loan Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Unlimited PTO
- We’re excited to move into our brand new home at 2400 Market St. in early 2021. Currently under construction, our new office will incorporate all the best aspects of our first home (espresso bar, full kitchen, work/lounge space) in a riverfront setting with iconic Philadelphia Art Museum views. We can’t wait to make our new space in Center City’s vibrant Fitler Square neighborhood our own and we’re looking for passionate & motivated folks to help us grow into it together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We don’t work with recruiters – please contact us or apply directly.