Perspective is a growing executive search firm, helping innovative companies in healthcare and biopharma find the right leaders and teams for continued growth. Market segments addressed span the continuum of healthcare and biopharma, including the pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical device, diagnostics, healthcare technology, digital health, and precision medicine. Our firm assesses and recruits a broad array of leaders, including board directors and CEOs as well as commercial, finance, R&D, and technology executives. We are in the business of improving healthcare. It is our primary goal, and this deeply rooted purpose informs all our decisions.
Our small, collaborative, and driven team is now recruiting for the Summer 2021 intern class to learn about our firm and support talent acquisition, human capital, and research projects. Perspective is headquartered in Boston and the team works remotely. Each intern will team with the company’s partners, associates, and analysts to understand relevant markets and trends, identify talent to support client work, conduct research projects, and grow the firm’s network. Perspective will work closely with each intern to train him/her in the executive search process and other human capital management services as appropriate, as well as foster a comprehensive understanding of the healthcare and life sciences industry landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Develop a strong understanding of the market dynamics impacting our clients; track life sciences industry trends, including news related to mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity financings, initial public offerings, scientific and technical developments, clinical and commercial advancement of products, executive hires and transitions, etc.
· Support the identification of potential candidates for ongoing executive and board of director searches through primary and secondary research
· Contribute to the firm’s database, including updating and entering new information related to executives, projects, and companies
· Conduct ad hoc research projects on various topics (past research projects have included corporate board composition, leadership diversity in the biotech industry, and trends in Chief Financial Officer career paths, for example).
· Help with the development of presentations and reports (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) for internal and external use
· Working towards a BA or BS degree with a target graduation year of 2022; strong academic background in healthcare, life sciences, business, or finance preferred
· Prior internship experience in the healthcare industry, investment banking, management consulting, or other professional services firm is a plus
Capabilities and Criteria
· Cultural fit is the top priority within our growing organization; we look for individuals who are intellectually curious, passionate about healthcare, and tenacious workers—with a good sense of humor, balance, and priorities
· Highly motivated, proactive, self-starter who can work effectively in a team-based culture; will have an innate sense of urgency, commitment and responsibility to meet project timelines
· Detailed oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong presence with exceptional ability in verbal and written communication
· Analytical, methodical research capability coupled with perseverance and a solutions-driven mindset
· Flexible and able to deal with diverse assignments and expectations
· Passion for developing subject matter expertise in innovative healthcare and life science companies and their senior-most talent
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Perspective, visit www.perspective.com.