The Program Support Group’s Landscape Design team is seeking a highly qualified undergraduate or graduate student with experience in any of the following academic departments:
Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, Environmental Science
The intern will work closely with the Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Landscape Design staff within in the GSI Unit. The team’s primary responsibilities are design reviews, resource development, landscape contract management, data analysis, field research, and innovation to streamline the GSI Implementation Program. The Landscape Design team also works closely with the GSI Planning, GSI Design, Green Stormwater Operations (Maintenance), and Construction groups.
The candidate will assist landscape architects, engineers, and city planners in the unit with ongoing efforts to plan, develop, and promote green infrastructure; identify, design, and manage green infrastructure projects; and research and implement innovative green stormwater management techniques.
Experience with following programs is advantageous:
· AutoCAD (version 2019)
· Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
· ArcGIS (version 10.7.1)
· Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Interns may be involved with any of the following:
· Developing & drafting landscape plans
· Landscape installation oversight & field inspections
· Plant species identification
· Field collection & data analysis
· GSI landscape & GSI design research
· Composing and editing GSI practice documents
· GSI schematic concept development
· GSI design plan review
· Mapping & graphic images development
Please provide a cover letter, resume, a 1-3 page writing sample (preferably showcasing a relevant topic in professional memo format) and/or design work, as applicable.
The duration of the internship is expected to run from June through September of 2021, pay is $16.15/hr.