The position requires an individual to maintain a master’s degree in behavioral health with competencies in Substance Use Disorders and Mental Health Disorders. Licensed Eligible Clinician must be actively working towards obtaining license in related field of behavioral health (ie: LMHC, LCSW, LICSW or equivalent). The Licensed Eligible Clinician is responsible for managing a care-load of adult patients. The Licensed Eligible Clinician will provide sound therapeutic treatment in an outpatient setting and/or via telehealth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform patient screening, intake, orientation, and assessment functions necessary to complete admission as required.
- Maintain a care-load that reflects department productivity standards as collaborated with the PHNE, AVP of Clinical Services via (RVU – Relative Value Units – Variable based Compensation Rate Scale) baseline agreement.
- Develop treatment plans that are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Treatment plans will be reflective of patient’s progress and development and demonstrate that the patient was appropriately involved in the process along with ongoing progress reviews.
- Respond to patient crises and emergencies as needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely session notes within our Electronic Health Record system.
- Participate in treatment team meetings. Document treatment notes about your specific patients.
- Provide patients primarily with individual & educational services and groups services (as requested) while managing the patient charts to comply with CARF and/or other state agency standards, using our Electronic Health Record system.
- Maintenance of clinical documentation and ensure program compliance regarding patient care in accordance with Phoenix House policy & Procedures standards.
- Maintain positive working relationship with agencies, resources, and families to coordinate services for patient care; provide information on Substance use and Mental Health disorder resources and services; and make necessary referrals.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Medication/Medical Providers as needed for referrals, assessments, appointments, consultation, or other clinical/psych and/or needs for the clients to provide well-rounded client care as needed.
- Complete and/or coordinate all insurance billing requirements in a timely manner. Ensure that all insurance billing is accurate and reflective of the services provided.
- Obtain and/or coordinate insurance reauthorization as necessary.
- Provide sound therapeutic oversight of the Springfield Outpatient implementation of clinical fidelity to its curriculum and clinical service delivery supervised utilizing the Phoenix House Clinical standards.
- Maintain DATIS and complete E-learning requirements in a timely fashion.
- Project a good image to the public.
- Dress in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrate empathy and compassion for patients in group, individual counseling, and daily interactions.
· Maintain objectivity towards all patients and make clinical decisions based on accurate information.
· Utilize Trauma Informed best practices with patients and staff to promote effective and safe coping skills and self-care.
· Demonstrate appropriate boundaries between self and patients.
· Demonstrate patience and consideration in dealing with others.
· Demonstrate thoughtful decision-making.
· Promote self-help concepts and encourage patients to solve their own problems while encouraging patients to use each other for support.
· Demonstrate understanding of clinical relevance of work and school.
· Play appropriate counseling role, serving as guide in the self-help recovery process.
· Demonstrate computer literacy.
· Track progress of patients and assist as needed.
· Work cooperatively with others and supervisors.
· This position may require periodic travel to other sites within the region
· Demonstrate patience and consideration in dealing with others.
· Use evidenced-based best practice tools to meet community behavioral objectives.
· Ensure patient confidentiality in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Ability to promote and demonstrate “Every Time Behaviors” Teamwork model
· Ability to promote and demonstrate Phoenix House’s ICARE4 core values (Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Forward Thinking) through work ethic, compliance, and attitude:
– Willingness to Help
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge obtained through completion of a master’s degree curriculum of an accredited institution.
- Knowledge obtained through attainment of certification/licensure as required by funding/regulating sources.
- Knowledge of varied therapeutic models of treatment.
- Ability to work with dually diagnosed populations.
- Ability to develop rapport with substance-using populations and families.
- Ability to apply organizational management skills, clinical supervision and maintain self and patient boundaries.
- Ability to prepare and maintain required documentation.
- Ability to comply with internal, local, state, and federal regulations and policies.
- Ability to work and communicate with others.
· Minimum of a master’s degree in related field.
· License Eligible and actively pursuing in the State of Massachusetts certification as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) required.
· Valid Massachusetts driver s license and clear driving record required.
- Certification as required by funding/licensing sources.
- NPI # Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
The work environment is that of a substance use disorder and co-occurring treatment milieu which may include:
§ Exposure to patients infected with Hepatitis B, HIV, TB, or other Infectious Diseases (e.g. Flu, COVID-19, etc.).
§ Exposure to patients with co-occurring mental health issues.
§ Weekend and holiday hours
§ Business-related travel may be required
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, schedule may be determined by practice need.
Evening, weekend, and/or holiday shifts may be required.
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment. Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.