Fundraising Intern, Summer 2021 Internship
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
PHR’s fundraising internship allows a student who is interested in a nonprofit development and/or management career to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, and the day-to-day operations of an international nonprofit organization. The fundraising intern will be given exposure to a wide range of database, research, and other tasks carried out by a nonprofit fundraising development department.
The fundraising intern will also have the opportunity to attend departmental and staff meetings, as well as regular learning and social events with other interns and staff from PHR to round out his/her learning experience and complement PHR-provided career mentoring.
PHR internships are unpaid. Candidates may be able to arrange academic credit, and should check with their individual academic institutions for requirements.
- Research and prepare thorough, well-written briefings on prospective funders, including individuals, governments, and foundations.
- Help identify new funding opportunities for the major gifts program and institutional development team.
- Support the planning and management of fundraising and cultivation events
- Learn to utilize Salesforce (fundraising software)
- Create development materials to be used in donor meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- Strong analytical, writing, and verbal skills and superior research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, commitment to data accuracy, and follow-through.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Location and Hours
- The intern will be based entirely remote due to PHR’s evaluations of coronavirus health risks. PHR welcomes applications from candidates located out of state.
- Hours can be flexible to accommodate different types of schedules.
- The internship will commence in June with at least a 10-week commitment.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Fundraising Intern, Summer 2021” in the subject line. Please include in your cover letter the number of weekly hours you would be able to commit to the internship.