The Operations Intern will play a vital role in PiperWai’s operational needs, particularly in manufacturing, regulations, and fulfillment. The experience will provide a hands-on, first-hand look at the inner workings of a CPG startup. This is a heavily research-based role, with a focus on product certifications and international trade, and you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the Company’s leadership team.
You will also have the opportunity to assist with inventory replenishment, materials management, logistics, production scheduling, and procurement.
The position is available for Spring 2021 with the option to extend into Summer 2021 for academic credit only, or your institution’s Startup Program (if applicable). Maximum 15 hours/week.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Manage applications for third-party formula and packaging certifications
- Research cross-border trade restrictions for applicable regions
Production Planning & Sourcing
- Assist Operations department with managing production schedule for all SKU’s
- Monitor and track inventory levels, communicate necessary inventory adjustments internally
New Product Development
- Work with Operations department to oversee raw materials, component sourcing, and production (manufacturing) schedule
- Research and track primary and backup suppliers as-needed
- Assist Operations with fulfillment center management
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
- Eligible to receive academic credit from their college or university for the duration of the internship
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines
- Can prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passion for natural, eco-friendly brands
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
PiperWai is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.