Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Global Market Insights & Business Development Manager; Location: Remote
Pivot Bio is seeking a Global Market Insights and Business Development Manager to serve as the go-to market expert in the global nitrogen fertilizer space, providing critical insights to senior leadership that guides Pivot’s strategy and builds on our competitive positioning in the marketplace. Combining a strong background in agriculture with a keen business sense, this role will synthesize disparate information sources into business recommendations. Working cross functionally, the incumbent will support core functions including product development, communications, legal and finance.
This position will also play an important role in sourcing new technologies that complement or enhance our product portfolio. The incumbent will be adept at identifying market place innovations, championing these technologies internally and building the key partnerships that uniquely address our needs.
- Be Pivot’s expert on the global fertilizer market with a particular focus on nitrogen based products serving agriculture, horticulture, gardening and related applications.
- Deliver insights and recommendations to senior leadership derived from a combination of market analysis, sales channel activity, industry trends and competitor activity.
- Develop tools, methods and networks to track a broad set of industry indicators including trends, patent filings, as well as market activity.
- Create, maintain and continuously improve reports, dashboards and other key documents that describe the market.
- Collaborate with our technology and product development teams to bring forward technologies that augment, complement and advance Pivot’s product portfolio.
- Build business cases that support deal structures, technology licensing strategies, and market expansion opportunities.
- Negotiate various agreements including Material Transfer Agreements, licensing and technology transfer agreements.
- Work closely with our patent and legal teams to regularly monitor the patent landscape.
- Attend industry conferences and related industry events.
Qualifications and Experience
- Combination of technical and business background, B.S. in biology, chemistry or related; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience developing or commercializing products used in agriculture
- Prior experience in row crop agriculture preferred
- Excellent communicator with ability to synthesize disparate data sources into meaningful, actionable outcomes. Ability to convey technical concepts in a business context.
- Skilled at reaching conclusions and driving to outcomes in the face of ambiguity.
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams and exercising influence in a matrix environment.
- Travel up to 25%.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team