The Associate will support the execution of youth engagement in Plan’s International Day of the Girl activities in September and October 2021. The Associate will work closely with Plan’s Youth Advisory Board and young people from Plan’s youth network to engage young people in a youth summit; corporate takeovers, lunch and learns, and speaking engagements, as well as a policy event with congresspeople. The Associate will provide administrative, logistical, and technical support for all activities associated with International Day of the Girl. Primary responsibilities include liaising with and preparing young people and Plan staff across the organization, preparing activity content, ensuring safeguarding measures are in place and adopted, ensuring social media content is captures, handling travel logistics, serving as a chaperone at relevant events, coordinating with influencers, and conducting outreach for the youth summit.
The Associate will also provide support to other youth related activities including the Youth Advisory Board retreat, proposal design, and campaign/project startup, as needed.
**This is a short-term position through October 2021.
- Support marketing and outreach for the IDG Youth Summit
- Serve as one of the Plan focal points for young people engaging in IDG activities
- Provide logistical support for all IDG events
- Prepare young people for speaking engagements and events
- Serve as a liaison between Plan staff and young people to coordinate event engagement
- Support the development of workshop content
- Work with Plan’s Digital team to ensure social media content is captured during all events
- Follow up with participants and partners after each event to close out and reflect
- Work closely with Plan’s Youth Advisory Board to design and execute the Youth Summit
- Join YAB subcommittee planning groups and help move work forward
- Collaborate with internal teams including Corporate, Y&EE, Communications, Public Engagement & Advocacy, Creative, Digital Marketing and staff from Plan’s Country Offices
- Ensure compliance and adoption of Plan’s Safeguarding policy and code of conduct
- Chaperone youth activities
- Engage influencers and consultants in the hiring process
- Must be able to work independently remotely, in a fast-paced environment
- Must have experience working in participatory ways with high school and college age young people
- Must have exception facilitation skills, particularly with young people
- Experience public speaking and representing initiatives, groups or organizations.
- Must be a creative thinker that is attune to Gen Z attitudes and interests in social justice work
- Must be experienced with digital media and platforms like zoom, slack, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- Ability to clearly present information to youth and corporate audiences
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Confident making decision and leading assignments
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, tight deadlines, and priorities
- Experience with event planning, travel booking and administrative duties
- Must feel comfortable working from home and regularly communicating through outlook, Zoom, and Slack.
- Must be proactive and able to manage relationships, activities and tasks with a variety of staff from across the organization
Education and Experience
- Working towards Bachelor’s or Masters or recent graduate
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with youth leadership and youth development
- Experience facilitating design sessions with young people