Accounting and Fulfillment Manager: The Accounting and Fulfillment Manager is responsible for sending out invoices on Quickbooks, handling various accounting tasks on Quickbooks, and shipping out Playout’s products to customers who order on the website, Amazon, purchase order, etc. Your primary job is to make sure that Playout’s customers are consistently and efficiently receiving their invoices and products on time. To accomplish this task, you’ll be responsible for Quickbooks invoicing, checking the website for new orders, keeping Playout products and merchandise on hand for shipments, reporting inventory, and traveling to local post offices to drop off packages once or twice a week. Secondary tasks include:
1) Streamlining the shipment process, reducing costs and improving the packaging for our customers
2) Sending out communications to customers when their orders are shipped and one week after shipment to check in and see how they’re liking their products
3) Creating financial models and reports to help us better understand our customers and our business opportunities
4) Adding various expenses to Quickbooks that are not automatically imported.
Estimated workload: 2-7hrs per week
Who qualifies? If your room is a total wreck, this job is probably not for you. However, if you love to organize, have a knack for consistency, and stay one step ahead you’re your appointments and responsibilities, you may have what it takes!
Primary traits: reliable, consistent, organized
We look for three distinct characteristics on our team:
· Initiative: How can you help? We’re looking for someone who sees opportunities for improvement and does what needs to be done before he/she is asked. Are you a self-motivated individual who are not afraid to step up and make a difference? If so, you’ve got one of the core characteristics of Team Playout.
· Mission-driven: Are you inspired by Playout’s mission? Does your lifestyle include making fitness and health a priority? At Playout, we believe that in order to be unified for our common goal, we have to live in a way that reflects our vision and mission. If you’re passionate about your health and fitness and you care to share that passion with others, you’re one step closer to making the Team!
· Systematic: Maturity is living by the principle that great heights are scaled one step at a time. Do you have experience completing projects or goals that you worked on over extended periods of time? If you can demonstrate that you know how to put in consistent work towards your visions and goals and you’re eager for the next big project, you’ve got the final piece to the Team Playout puzzle.
The intern will gain valuable skills in accounting, fulfillment, operations, organization, and more. As a start-up, our interns are consistently thrilled at the opportunities they get to be directly involved with business endeavors that directly impact our customers and our business. We give interns lots of autonomy to create their own projects and explore their own strategic directions, as well as follow through on longer-term projects we assign them to achieve measurable results. Our team meets once a month and interns are encouraged to participate and add their feedback, taking ownership for their work and expressing their opinions. Additionally, Eddie Kovel, Founder and CEO, personally trains and speaks with the interns on a regular basis.