The Social Media and Communications Manager is responsible for creating great content and managing flow of Playout’s social media, email, and other communications to our audience. The role will require a high level of creativity, as well as organization and planning, and a lesser but still significant degree of strategic thinking.
- Organizing content from our creative team and scheduling posts across social media platforms
- Adding clever/creative modifications on existing content to make the content fresh and entertaining to customers
- Creating, modifying, and customizing emails to go out to our fans/prospective customers on a bi-weekly basis
- Wildcard – we’re a startup, and that means there are always cool opportunities to apply your unique skills to help spread the mission and vision of Playout – making fitness FUN!
We look for three distinct characteristics on our team:
· Initiative: How can you help? We’re looking for someone who sees opportunities for improvement and does what needs to be done before he/she is asked. Are you a self-motivated individual who are not afraid to step up and make a difference? If so, you’ve got one of the core characteristics of Team Playout.
· Mission-driven: Are you inspired by Playout’s mission? Does your lifestyle include making fitness and health a priority? At Playout, we believe that in order to be unified for our common goal, we have to live in a way that reflects our vision and mission. If you’re passionate about your health and fitness and you care to share that passion with others, you’re one step closer to making the Team!
· Systematic: Maturity is living by the principle that great heights are scaled one step at a time. Do you have experience completing projects or goals that you worked on over extended periods of time? If you can demonstrate that you know how to put in consistent work towards your visions and goals and you’re eager for the next big project, you’ve got the final piece to the Team Playout puzzle.
Estimated workload: 4-12hrs per week
The intern will gain valuable skills in social media posting, brand management, advertising, marketing, and more. As a start-up, our interns are consistently thrilled at the opportunities they get to be directly involved with business endeavors that directly impact our customers and our business. We give interns lots of autonomy to create their own projects and explore their own strategic directions, as well as follow through on longer-term projects we assign them to achieve measurable results. Our team meets once a month and interns are encouraged to participate and add their feedback, taking ownership for their work and expressing their opinions. Additionally, Eddie Kovel, Founder and CEO, personally trains and speaks with the interns on a regular basis.
*Note: This is an unpaid internship, but there is a lot of upward mobility, as we are a small company, and if we think you’re awesome and have shown consistent valuable contributions, we’re open to hiring you on a paid part time basis!