About the role
HotBot is enabled through the combination of Internet of Things hardware, data science, user-facing apps and backend systems. The Product Management Intern will work at the epicenter of this product, acting as a bridge between our users, business and engineering teams, to play a critical role in delivering an impactful product.
The Product Management Intern will contribute in the following areas:
- Voice of the user: engage with various user groups, and conduct user research to understand pain points, shape user journey and get feedback on design choices.
- Feature prioritization: help evaluate the cost and benefit of new features, and make recommendations for which should be prioritized for development.
- Feature design: help set requirements for new features, and lead engineering teams through design-thinking processes to develop the best solutions.
- Launch management: help coordinate hardware, data science, software and business teams to launch selected features, including identifying and problem solving any bottlenecks early.
While this internship is expected to be remote, Plentify will sponsor visas and flights to Cape Town if Covid allows and the candidate is interested. If not, Plentify will sponsor a future trip to Cape Town (along with the rest of the intern class) to experience our city and see the impact of your work. Candidates are encouraged to coordinate with their universities for additional funding (which is often available for internships with social enterprises).
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or demonstrated technical fluency sufficient to engage engineers.
- Pursuing a Masters Degree in a relevant field from a top-tier school
- 2+ years of experience developing and launching technology products. Bonus if these products touched on energy, hardware, artificial intelligence, and consumer applications.
- Experience driving design and day-to-day technical discussions, and managing technical teams through Agile or other methodologies.
- Strong user advocate, experienced conducting UX research and integrating findings into product design.
- Ability to convert conceptual ideas into compelling wireframes
- High attention to detail, analytical and structured problem solver, strong written and verbal communicator.