About the role
Plentify has launched an exciting new product with broad applicability to energy systems around the world. We are rolling out this product at several large B2B customers, and this internship will overlap during these deployments, providing invaluable experience during a critical time of a technology startup.
The Sales Strategy Associate will work closely with the Chief Growth Officer to:
- Identify ‘jumbo prospects’, developing an understanding of their organisation and needs, and crafting strategies to most effectively engage them
- Bring the voice of the market to help Plentify make data-driven choices on product, pricing and operations
- Understand the competitive landscape through mystery shopping, customer interviews, etc
- Research and recommend important tools (e.g. CRM systems, mailing lists) across the sales life cycle for Plentify to implement in order to scale
- Support the Growth team and Plentify executives in other mini projects to help them succeed.
While this internship is expected to be remote, Plentify will sponsor visas and flights to Cape Town if Covid allows and the candidate is interested. If not, Plentify will sponsor a future trip to Cape Town (along with the rest of the intern class) to experience our city and see the impact of your work. Candidates are encouraged to coordinate with their universities for additional funding (which is often available for internships with social enterprises).
- MBA or similarly relevant masters-level candidate from top-tier school
- 2+ years of work experience in a B2B sales, marketing or sales support role. Bonus if this was with a hardware technology and/or software-as-a-service company
- Proficient in market research and spreadsheet-based analysis
- Analytical, structured and creative problem solver
- Clear communicator by email, slides and verbally