Policy and Research Assistant
The Policy Equity Group, LLC
Washington, D.C. (telework possible during COVID-19)
The Policy Equity Group works to build the capacity of socially conscious organizations that are dedicated to improving the lives of young children. By providing research, communications, and advocacy support to partners, the staff works to improve developmental, educational, health, and nutritional outcomes for vulnerable children across the country. The Policy Equity Group makes the implementation of federal and state early care and education policies more impactful and facilitates practice-informed advocacy among early childhood constituencies that typically have little say in or experience with legislative or regulatory processes.
The Policy Equity Group is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual to engage in this work. The successful candidate will have a background in policy research and analysis, a strong interest in early childhood development and education policy, and exceptional writing and oral communication skills.
For more information, please visit: https://policyequity.com/
· Provide research support to senior staff in support of technical assistance projects related to improving the access to and quality of early care and education and child nutrition programs across the country;
· Conduct research and analyze data related to major federal and state early childhood policies, including the Child Care and Development Block Grant and Head Start;
· Work closely with senior staff to support a learning community of early childhood and food organizations to support the implementation of farm-to-early care and education models in key states;
· Assist in the planning and execution of biannual community of practice meetings and events for external audiences;
· Communicate regularly with leadership and remote staff to ensure projects are on-track.
· Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· A background in early childhood education or related field preferred.
· Strong analytic and online research skills, including demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point; prior experience with SPSS/SAS is desirable, though not required.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
· Ability to communicate research effectively through written reports and oral presentations
· Proven track record of producing high-quality work with a strong attention to detail.
· Dependable, trustworthy, and personable team player.
Once COVID-19 public health restrictions are lifted, occasional domestic travel may be expected (up to 10 percent) to meet with clients or present key deliverables.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive and commensurate with skills and work experience.
Telework During COVID-19
Due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, work will temporarily be completed remotely. At a later date, TBD, this position will be required to return/relocate to our offices in Washington, D.C.
The Policy Equity Group, LLC works within a community of skilled and committed people who bring to their work a range of experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and hire without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected status under applicable law.
The Policy Equity Group, LLC is a drug-free workplace.
To apply, please send a cover letter, writing sample, core story, and resume through the Handshake system.