GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The IT Support Technician position is responsible for establishing a high level of personal credibility and builds strong professional working relationships with the business users and their staff. The IT Support Technician will also be assisting the IT Support Supervisor in providing guidance to the TAC technicians on daily technical issues and problems that needs detailed investigative research. This role will be responsible for leading assigned projects relating to TMD initiatives. Along with those responsibilities, this position will also be responsible for complex professional work with computer hardware, software, and network systems. The IT Support Technician will install and support network, servers, including operating systems and application software. This position will require off-hours support and work on an as-needed basis.
- Provide phone support in the call queue for end users when the TAC has outages.
- Perform mid to high-level troubleshooting tasks and diagnose system and network problems.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (software developers, engineers, vendors)
- Prioritize and manage several open issues simultaneously, including projects.
- Re-imaging of desktops and laptops either locally or remotely
- Leads high priority tickets involving server or network troubleshooting, hardware repairs, disaster recovery, or other critical requests escalated for assistance.
- Contribute as a project management member, at times as a lead, by providing technical expertise, problems solving and crafting of solutions, collaboration project members and business unites, and meet established milestones.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Installs Complex Software for Desktop Management. This includes Asset Management,
- Remote Control, Software Delivery, and Spam filtering software, Desktop Maintenance, and Help Desk management systems. Creates and installs packages and deploying system updates.
Monitoring and maintenance:
- Monitor alerts for faults and take necessary action required to resolve any issues: Server hardware, performance, and capacity issues (Stand alone hardware and VMware hardware), ATM infrastructure, APC Battery Backup unit hardware issue, Cisco network infrastructure, network circuits, and network performance, Cisco FTD Proxy system, FireEye system, SCCM system, Business Objects reports, FTP file transfers, Miscellaneous automated scheduled tasks, Escalate application and system issues with appropriate vendors as required
- Maintain, update, and/or reconfigure all supported software as required
- Documented on the Technology Operations handbook
- Maintain and update as required Banking system applications
- Weekly database changes and software version upgrades (as required)
- Support of application operations
- OnBase report loads and BARR feeds
- Business Objects and related report refreshes
- Other miscellaneous report loads and file transfers
- Equipment preparation for acquisitions, relocations, de-conversions and new hire setups.
- Asset management function for distributed technology devices (not limited to the below list): Desktops and laptops , Printers (both LaserJet and monetary), Cisco IP Phones, Corporate owned cell phones and mobile devices, Cellular Hot Spot devices, Canon MFD’s, ATM’s, Cash recyclers, Create new, maintain existing, and continually recommend procedures and/or job aids for 1st and 2nd level support of applications and systems. Also for monitoring of applications and systems. (Update the Technology Operations handbook and individual documents), Identify new monitoring opportunities for the 2nd level support team
Engineering support and Project related work:
- Work with the Engineering team to create the new desktop and laptop images
- Manage hard to resolve/complex or lingering technical issues with Engineering teams
- Execute assigned projects as project lead or team member to the project, within the designated timeframes provided: Ensure the project is entered into the Technology Project Management site and updated for milestones, progress, and effort, Provide support for all engineering teams for project work as required, Adhere to the Change control policies for all system updates and/or rollouts, Work with all engineering teams to develop deeper technical skills and cross-train on the application and infrastructure maintenance of existing and new systems
- Provide documentation and/or job aids with the new skill set back to the 2nd and 1st level support teams for enhanced support capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology specialty, or related field a plus
- Minimum of 3 years systems hardware and application level experience.
- Minimum of 1 years of network systems or voice technology support experience
- SQL DBA experience a plus
Desirable Education/Experience: Financial Services experience and Technology Industry certifications a plus