POSITION: Portsmouth Music and Arts Center seeks a visual artist and educator to teach PMAC’s Summer Art Camp. PMAC Art Camp is held July-August, in week-long sessions for students ages 5-11. This summer, the camp will be held outdoors under a tent in the PMAC parking lot.
DUTIES: Reporting to the Director of Education, duties are as follows:
- Teach Summer Art Camp Session 4 August 2-6, 2021, for ages 5-7, onsite at PMAC (973 Islington St. Portsmouth) from 9:00am-3:00pm and Session 5 August 9-12, 2021, (note Mon-THURS) for ages 10-15, onsite at PMAC (973 Islington St. Portsmouth) from 9:00am-3:00pm.
- Manage college intern and high school intern to assist with camp
- Set up before each camp day and clean/organize art space at conclusion of day
- Work with staff and other teachers to organize an outdoor art show at the end of each week (held 2:30-3:00pm Friday August 6 and 2:30-3:00pm Thursday August 12).
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- As needed, choose camp theme, write program description and curriculum, and submit supply order within requested deadlines or use previously designed lesson plan.
- Follow all PMAC Safety Guidelines, including guidelines of mask wearing and social distancing.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 1+ years of undergraduate study in visual art, graphic design, digital animation or art education. Experience working and teaching in a non-profit, community center, or classroom setting preferred. Candidates must have working knowledge of basic art mediums such as drawing, painting and basic multimedia. The Teaching Artist should be professional, friendly, and reliable.