IT Support Engineer
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, Americas. The objective of this role is to provide support, administration, and maintenance of desktops, laptops, software, and associated peripherals. This associate is to provide excellent communication and customer services skills to ensure the business is supported at the highest level.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Deploy and support end user PCs, workstations, desk and mobile phones (both software and hardware level) as part of the worldwide IT support team
· Configure new computer hardware and software (mostly Windows based).
· Perform upgrades and configuration of desktop and related peripherals
· Troubleshoot desktop issues both hardware and software
· Take service calls and either resolve them or pass them on appropriately
· Provide end user training on supported applications: Windows Operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, WebEx, Video Conferencing, VOIP Phones and any other IT related applications, functions and devices.
· Active Directory day to day management and use.
· Troubleshoot and Support MFP Printers – including end user and network/infrastructure (print servers)
· Support corporate IT projects with Support Team and Infrastructure
· Use ServiceNow system to maintain records of requests and responses for support issues
· Competency in installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware and software on PCs and related equipment
· 1-2 years of desktop support experience
· Must be able to work individually or in team environment
· Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows products – Operating Systems, Office Suite, etc.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and self-driven
· Must provide exemplary customer service
· Excellent people skills
· Ability to concisely describe or summarize a problem and steps taken to diagnose and resolve it, in writing
· Ability to deal with a diverse population – from low to high level positions
· Willingness and ability to learn new skills and use new types of information
· Responsibility and reliability
· Ability to prioritize and perform triage
· Willingness to see a problem through to its resolution
A degree in a computer-related field or equivalent technical training and work experience in a Windows desktop and server environment is preferred.
We are actively hiring globally so if you have friends in other regions, please ask them to review our company careers page and even if they do not see a relevant open position now, they should register for alerts for future opportunities.