Praescient Analytics Intelligence Cell Intern (Spring 2021)
Clearance: Not Required
Type: 20-40 hours per week
Start Date: January 11, 2021
End Date: May 14, 2021
**Praescient Analytics headquarters is located in Alexandria, VA. Due to COVID-19, this internship is designed to be completed remotely.**
This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
We are looking for sharp researchers with a keen interest in national security and analysis skills to join our team and assist in supporting our team of analysts. Your primary role will be providing open source intelligence insight into the requirements of running a functional, successful firm operating in the national security space.
Ideally, the Intelligence Cell Intern is a mission-oriented team player who is versed in the use of technology and experienced in the techniques of qualitative and quantitative research. You will support a diverse set of research and analysis projects focusing on global issues vital to the Nation’s priorities, using a variety of software to sort, analyze, and visualize relevant data.
An effective communicator with solid interpersonal skills, you must be self-driven and demonstrate a high degree of problem solving in order to work creatively in a fast-paced environment. You need to be a self-starter, quickly orienting yourself to new processes, technologies, and aren’t afraid to raise your hand with questions or pursue alternative approaches to resolve challenges. You want to be challenged. You’re a hard-worker. You want to make a difference.
- Work in a collaborative environment with other Praescient intelligence analysts who are tackling geopolitical and social issues in real time
- Become proficient with cutting edge technologies that are utilized by various federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies on a daily basis
- Build weekly intelligence products that will incorporate the various intelligence modalities [i.e. Human Intelligence (HUMINT), Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT)]
- Prepare and present both white papers and information briefs to the Executive Team, using various analytics software to create real world demonstrations that provide solutions for our clients
- Learn advanced technology tools i.e. Analyst’s Notebook, Sintelix, Point Duty, Recorded Future, ArcGIS, etc.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in business, communications, data analytics, English, computer science, political science, international relations, security studies, and other related fields
- Entrepreneurial spirit with keen interest in national security and experience with data analytics, geographic information systems, and a passion for trending technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics
- Applicants willing to commit to between 20-40 hours per week
Please submit a resume and cover letter via Handshake or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please state your availability and preferred start date in your cover letter. Please direct all questions regarding applications to Ellie Kervick at email@example.com.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship Required. Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.