Prime Impact Fund – Spring and Summer 2022 Internships
Location: Cambridge, MA (open to remote)
Application form: https://primecoalitionpartners.typeform.com/to/Ch5fvoQ8
Apply by Friday, October 15, 2021 at 8 pm ET
About Prime Impact Fund:
Prime Impact Fund invests in transformative technology companies with the potential for gigaton-scale climate impact. Drawing on catalytic capital with a long-term lens, the fund is purpose-built to support high-risk, high-reward ventures at the earliest stages. Prime Impact Fund is a program of Prime Coalition. Prime Management Company is an equal opportunity employer with an intentional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Applicants from backgrounds which are underrepresented in venture capital are especially encouraged to apply.
We are seeking outstanding interns for both Spring and Summer 2022 (open to one or both sessions) to support the investment operations of Prime Impact Fund, with an emphasis on the fund’s investment pipeline. This is an opportunity to be part of a small and dynamic team innovating at the forefront of venture investing, catalytic capital, and technology commercialization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting company sourcing efforts: responding to inbound requests, proactive outbound scouting, and incorporating companies from online databases, incubators, business plan competitions, and government funding logs.
- Screening investment opportunities based on quality of technology, greenhouse gas impact potential, founding team characteristics, and fit for catalytic capital.
- Assisting in technical, market, IP, regulatory, and other due diligence.
- Expanding and maintaining the firm’s pipeline partnerships.
- Supporting sector-specific deep dives on an as-needed basis.
- Commitment to addressing climate change through new technology.
- Pursuing or recently completed an undergraduate or master’s degree (including MBAs). Engineering and science backgrounds preferred but not necessary.
- In addition to those with a general interest in climate, we are seeking candidates with backgrounds or interest in:
- Carbon measurement, reporting, and verification technologies
- Shipping and water-based transport
- Biological solutions to climate change
- Power electronics and/or wide-bandgap semiconductors
- Frontiers of energy efficient computation
- Work or extracurricular experience in startups or climate-related fields is preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and efficiency.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on self-directed projects.
- Ability to represent Prime with utmost professionalism and cultivate fruitful relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
If you’re not sure whether you qualify, we’d encourage you to submit an application! In the past, we’ve hired interns ranging from college freshmen to MBAs with five years of work experience.
Hours and compensation:
- Spring: 20 hours per week. Minimum of 10 weeks; 12 preferred.
- Summer: 40 hours per week. Minimum of 10 weeks; 12 preferred.
- We’re open to considering applicants for one or both sessions; please indicate your preference in the application form.
- Interns may be compensated through one or a combination of the following:
- The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s internship program, available to MA residents and non-PhD students at MA institutions. Check eligibility at: https://www.masscec.com/clean-energy-internship-program.
- University- or scholarship-derived funding sources pursued by the applicant.
- Academic credit, pending approval by the applicant’s home institution.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org