Prudential: 2022 U.S. Insurance & Retirement Process/Project Management Internship Program
Dresher, PA; Newark, NJ; Virtual
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2021 to September 1, 2021
- Period 2: September 1, 2021 to October 1, 2021
- Period 3: October 1, 2021 to November 1, 2021
All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2021
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you looking for a career that helps you apply your energy, curiosity, and initiative to help solve some of Prudential’s business challenges? Are you interested in working with diverse teams on projects that add value and have an impact to our business priorities? If you are an innovative, self-starter looking to continuously improve things and creatively solve problems, then Prudential’s U.S. Insurance & Retirement Process/Project Management Internship is for you!
Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU), an industry leader in financial services for more than 140 years, offers customers world-wide a variety of innovative solutions for growing and protecting wealth. With over $1.6 trillion assets under management and office presence in 20 countries across 5 continents, Prudential strives to service customers and create long-term value for stakeholders through strong ethics and business fundamentals. We provide a wide array of financial products and services, ranging from individual life insurance, retirement, and annuities to asset management. Prudential is a Fully Inclusive Workplace: At Prudential, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual, and we work hard ensure to Prudential is a welcoming and rewarding place to work for people of all identities and backgrounds.
The U.S. Insurance & Retirement Businesses compromises of Annuities, Individual Life Insurance, Group Insurance, Retirement, and Retail Advice and Solutions which includes Prudential Advisors. These businesses provide a range of income, protection and advice offerings and are supported by the Enabling Solutions organization which is charged with enhancing and unifying the service experience for Prudential’s retail and institutional customers in the U.S.
Your Day to Day:
Placements will vary across the business, some experiences within our U.S. Insurance & Retirement Process/Project Management Internship Program could include:
Retail Advice and Solutions (Location: Newark, NJ)
Prudential’s Retail Advice and Solutions intern will support initiatives that innovate and transform the financial professional and customer experience by working closely with all functional areas across the business to gather insights to execute improvements. The Retail Advice and Solutions intern will have the opportunity to participate on various projects that involve the identification of those optimization opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner within the Retail Advice and Solutions business that includes the Prudential Advisors business, Digital business, Hybrid business, and the broader organization to support, initiate, plan, design, execute, control and complete projects targeted to support business strategy and optimization
- Work with teams to help manage marketing, strategy and action plans, materials, and other key deliverables
- Assist with project reporting, analyzing data, and sharing the impact and value through presentations to leadership
- Gain experience in an agile work environment while sustaining a flexible mindset to evolve with the business
- Proactively share insights, progress, and recommendations to promote a customer-centric culture
Enabling Solutions (Location: Dresher, PA; Virtual) **
Prudential’s Enabling Solutions group is a transformative, customer-obsessed organization dedicated to driving and implementing cross-business solutions. Our goals are to deliver a consistent, efficient, and competitive customer experience, transform for the future and enable future-ready talent while driving culture. As an Enabling Solutions intern you will have the opportunity to use your creativity in developing solutions to complex problems that every business unit can leverage.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support projects impacting multiple business groups/functions with assignments which may include process improvements, system enhancements, regulatory compliance, or strategic initiatives and customer centric projects aimed at delivering a great customer experience
- Gather, analyze, and document business and systems requirements to strengthen business optimization across the enterprise
- Conduct analysis and develop presentations to support the initiatives you’re engaged on; conduct research, both internal and external to support the efforts
- Leverage best practices to support projects which may include process analyses, request for proposal (RFP), process redesign efforts, acquisitions and integrations, and regulatory oversight
- Design plans and forecasting models, generate reports and business requirements, create design functional specifications for systems development and conduct tests to help define technical solutions
** If offered a full-time position post-internship, you will take part in a one-year Rotational Program within Enabling Solutions to build your knowledge and business acumen.
Your Desired Skills:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating between December 2022 and May 2024
- Open to all majors. Preferred majors include Business, Data Analytics, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Economics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Management Information Systems. Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
- Excellent work ethic and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize/meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with team members
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Previous knowledge of Project Management Methodologies a plus
Our Application Process:
1. Submit your application.
2. Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
3. Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2022 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.