Founded in 2008, PublicRelay has a simple goal: to help PR and communications professionals understand how their work impacts business goals. In an era of a seemingly endless amount of news, we help Fortune 500 companies and federal agencies make sense of the media landscape and understand the trends shaping their industries. We partner with C-suite clientele to help them see the “so what” in their media coverage so they can plan their next move.
We’re looking for an Insights Consultant to join our team who will work closely with our clients to advise their communications team on using PublicRelay’s data and suite of metrics. We need a self-starter, who can strategize based on the client’s goals and identify the information necessary for the team to make data-driven decisions. A successful candidate has a mix of analytical abilities and business intelligence that allows them to analyze and manipulate data in ways that our useful to our clients. We’re looking for a candidate who thrives on a small team and enjoys a dynamic work environment.
As an Insights Consultant, you will:
- Train as an expert media strategist that advises clients using PublicRelay data and analytics
- Create in-depth data-driven reports focused on client reputational strategy, competitive communications intelligence, and industry media trends
- Interface with, strategize with, and respond directly to requests from clients remotely or on-site
- Manipulate and visualize client, competitive, or industry media data using Excel and Tableau
- Analyze and research non-media client and industry trends to supplement analysis
- Work in a team setting alongside Media Analysts, Customer Success, and Tableau
- 2+ years in a consulting or professional services role
- 1-2 years working with analytics and data
- Strong client communication skills
- Management of multiple projects concurrently
- Ownership of entire projects from start to finish
- Building analytical reports and presentations from scratch
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- 1-2 years of BI tool experience, Tableau & SQL is a plus
- Basic understanding of statistical methodologies, including regression, time series analysis, and sampling
PublicRelay is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in Tysons Corner, VA. We also have offices in Cavan and Dublin, Ireland. To get a sense of life at PublicRelay, check out our Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
PublicRelay is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to
- National origin
- Genetic information
- Gender identity or expression
- Veteran status or any other status protected by law.
PublicRelay will conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The policy of equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between PublicRelay and its employees, including but not limited to:
- Working conditions
- Wages and salary administration
- Employee benefits and application of policies
The policies and principles of equal employment opportunity also apply to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies and any other persons or firms doing business for or with PublicRelay.