Punchcut is looking for an Interaction Design Intern to (remotely) join our team this Spring. You should have a strong understanding of user-centered design and be comfortable working independently and in collaboration with other designers. You are currently enrolled in an academic program in a related field and are passionate about design for mobile and other emerging user interfaces such as voice, automotive, and VR/AR. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative design studio environment.
- Produce design artifacts such as annotated wireframes, interaction specifications and guidelines
- Create conceptual diagrams, workflows, use cases, personas, user journeys and storyboards
- Sketch user scenarios and user interfaces to help conceptualize user experiences
- Help with the creation, moderation, and evaluation of lab-based and ethnographic user research
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams to solve design challenges
- Assist other members of the interaction design and visual design teams as needed
- Experience designing for mobile devices. Designing for voice, automotive, or VR/AR is a plus
- Education in Interaction Design or related field
- Strong understanding of user-centered design theory and practice
- Exposure to user research (contextual inquiry, participatory design, usability testing, etc.)
- Comfortable using design tools including Adobe CS, Sketch, InVision
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Sense of humor and positive, flexible attitude
Punchcut is a human interface design and innovation company headquartered in San Francisco. For fifteen years, we’ve worked with the world’s top companies to envision, design and launch connected products and services that engage customers and transform businesses.
We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. Whether envisioning the next autonomous vehicle or working closely with engineers on next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future.
As a Punchcut intern, we’ll never send you out to fetch coffee. Rather, you’ll play an active role on client projects, getting real-world, hands-on experience. Each day, you’ll learn from insightful and experienced co-workers while enjoying the beautiful city of San Francisco. We mix it up with game nights, afternoon field trips, lab days, snack Fridays and more, all to ensure work/life balance.