About Purple Carrot
We’re on a mission to help people Eat More Plants™, and we need your expertise!
Purple Carrot started with just a seed of an idea in 2014: Today, we are leading the charge for people to adopt a plant-based lifestyle in their homes and on-the-go. Purple Carrot’s irresistible, globally-inspired recipes, fresh ingredients, and meals are available in the U.S. and Japan.
We’re a team of dedicated and passionate people who are motivated to change the world for the better and have fun doing it. Here’s what you’re up for!
Purple Carrot is on a mission to cultivate the plant based revolution, one meal at a time. We are looking for a Product Owner to join our team. As an integral part of a Product department, you will join forces with the Director of Product (to whom you will also report) in our continued effort to help people eat more plants!
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about solving problems for customers and continuously improving products.
This position will play an important role in shaping the Purple Carrot customer experience and driving the home delivery product forward.
As the Product Owner you will be focused on owning the software development backlog and continuously delivering new features to customers.
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Open to candidates in MA, NJ; NY; RI; Cleveland, OH; Pittsburgh, PA
On the Plate
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work closely with UX to develop, test, and deliver assets to engineering. Continuously conduct customer and competitive research and integrate feedback into requirements.
- Gather, write and refine requirements from users and internal stakeholders
- Manage product backlog. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Own the product development process from inception through launch and iteration cycles.
- Monitor success. Define what success means for each feature before it even goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define and monitor success.
- Collaborate across teams. Play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders across the company including marketing, operations, and customer experience. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently. Write clear user stories and work closely with the development and UI/UX teams to turn them into an executable, prioritized backlog. Coordinate product releases and communicate development status for all features to stakeholders.
Main Ingredients for the Role
- 2-3 years of experience owning a product backlog in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Extra Special Sauce
- Experience running and evaluating A|B testing in an ecommerce or consumer-facing environment
- Evaluating and overseeing the implementation/integration of third party software vendors
- Experience working with a remote (no-colocated) development team
- Experience working with a product with a software and physical component
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (professional development, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and life insurance), matching retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, credit toward free Purple Carrot boxes, and the opportunity to work in collaboration with co-workers who are passionate about food!
Purple Carrot’s top priority is protecting the health and wellbeing of our team and candidates. Due to COVID, the majority of our interviews and assessments occur virtually. If there is a need to interview onsite, we have extensive precautions in place, following the CDC, WHO, and state guidelines.
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.