Working under close supervision of Discovery management team, works with senior scientific staff to successfully develop sample preparation and LC/MS bioanalytical procedures for drug discovery projects.
• With direct guidance from senior scientific staff, learn techniques of bioanalytical sample preparation, liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry.
• Work closely with senior scientific staff to develop sample preparation and LC/MS bioanalytical procedures for drug discovery projects.
• Assist with developing routine discovery bioanalytical methods with direction from senior scientific staff.
• Perform basic method validation and sample analysis for discovery projects.
• Perform some project-related lab work.
• Communicate progress and status to the Manager of Discovery.
• When necessary, participate in client communications in cooperation with senior scientific staff.
• Provide clear instructions and guidance to assigned Lab Operations staff.
• Assist senior scientific staff in troubleshooting discovery projects.
• Maintain project documentation in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Purchase and ordering of the laboratory chemicals, supplied
Minimum required education and experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s Degree in a Life Sciences discipline Preferred
• 2 years’ experience in a GLP laboratory environment required Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Ability to follow verbally communicated or written procedures
• Experience in routine laboratory procedures
• Attention to detail when performing laboratory procedures
• Ability to develop clear and efficient experimental documentation
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.