Performs a wide variety of increasingly complex technical laboratory experiments and procedures related to sample preparation. This can include method development/optimization and troubleshooting experiments, validation, and study sample preparation in addition to the preparation of solutions and reagents. Assists in maintaining lab equipment, supports lab safety, and complies with IQVIA procedures and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements, as applicable.
- Participate in method development experiments. May participate in routine sample analysis and method validation experiments.
- Work with automated instrumentation.
- Responsible for providing clear communication with higher level Scientific and Project Management.
- Prepare stock and working solutions/standards and QC samples. Aliquots control matrices.
- Weigh reference compounds.
- Make and record observations, perform calculations, and collect and prepare data for evaluation.
- Document all project work according to IQVIA and GLP processes and procedures, as necessary.
- Perform pipette maintenance and verification, and other laboratory maintenance as required.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies.
- Maintain housekeeping standards for work area.
- Participate in companywide analytical issues, as needed.
- May receive shadowing opportunities or additional training in other areas of the business.
- May interface with Laboratory Operations to request and return client reference standards.
- Responsible for ordering and stocking of laboratory supplies as directed.
- Maintenance of laboratory instrumentation as directed
- Comply with all applicable regulatory standards, including Good Clinical and Good Laboratory Practices.
Minimum required education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Sciences discipline required
- Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Technical knowledge of bioanalytical sample handling and preparation.
- Knowledgeable in chemistry and/or biology.
- Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of biological samples.
- Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions.
- Ability to adhere to IQVIA and client Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to complete documentation per IQVIA and GLP requirements, as applicable.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.