- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned.
- Assist in the review and development of laboratory procedures and techniques
- Identify process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs or reduce turnaround times. Assist in the implementation of changes as assigned.
- Notify inventory staff of supply shortages
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and off-site lectures and meetings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of practices and principles of basic laboratory operations
- Knowledge of general rules for safe exposure to chemical and blood borne pathogens
- Good understanding of standard laboratory precautions and infection control procedures
- Knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures and hazardous waste management
- Skill in using applicable computer systems and applications including LIMS and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to perform duties in an independent manner.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science Discipline with 2 years experience in a clinical laboratory operating under GLP and/or CLIA guidelines; OR,
- Equivalent combination of education , training and experience