Perform routine analysist and laboratory testing procedures to obtain data from client specimens. Provide routine documentation and review of work performed in a timely manner.
- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately.
- Perform and document calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and reagent qualification/QC as assigned.
- Assist in the review and development of laboratory procedures and techniques
- Identify process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs or reduce turnaround times. Assist in the implantation of changes as assigned.
- Notify inventory staff of supply shortages.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and off-site lectures and meetings.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) and other regulatory agency standards within the area of responsibility such as CLIA requirements
- Proficiency with pipetting and molecular biology laboratory techniques
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Proficiency with basic laboratory calculations, such as dilutions and weight
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory operating under GCLP and/or CLIA guidelines
- or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Schedule: Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat (8a-6p)
- Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required.
- Regular standing for extended periods of time
- May be exposed to potential physical harm from hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tools and equipment.