About the team & opportunity
The Core Platform team builds and operates services that support end-user applications and integrations with internal and external systems. We do this while working directly with our product team to understand the value we wish to deliver to our users. Our work is typically realized in the form of APIs but can take other forms such as scheduled workloads and batch ingestion pipelines. We design, implement and operate these services in collaboration with the wider engineering team to ensure an efficient and robust service offering.
As a candidate for this role, you enjoy working with a team to develop high quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You share the idea that effective testing is a critical part of the development process. You’ve been involved in some part with the design, implementation and delivery of software on a major cloud provider. You programming languages and appreciate Perhaps you’re also looking to apply your technical leadership skills to develop people in addition to products. Ultimately, you’re looking to advance your career as a software engineer by joining us to build a scalable and secure platform that helps patients receive the care they need.
- Help define, estimate and deliver features and capabilities as a member of a cross functional agile team
- Identify and make improvements to architecture, tools and techniques of the team
- Support and operate team scoped services by participating in the on-call rotation
- Teach, coach and/or mentor engineers to support their growth and improve overall team excellence
- Five years professional experience with at least one popular object oriented programming language
- Experience with at least one popular web application framework such as Sprint Boot, Django, Rails, etc.
- Experience with SQL, relational database modeling and schema migration strategies
- Experience deploying services on a major cloud provider
- Awareness of web application security concepts and preventative strategies
- Understanding of API design principles and patterns such as REST, GraphQL and RPC
- Proficient with Java, Kotlin and/or Python
- Previous membership in a distributed or remote team
- Experience working with third party APIs
- An understanding of DevOps principles and practices
- Awareness or experience of applying Domain Driven Design principles
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: email@example.com.
Have someone to refer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their details to us.