RadiaSoft is seeking an early career PhD computational scientist or engineer to conduct basic and applied research, as well as contract R&D, for a variety of federal, academic and commercial customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Timely and correct completion of assignments with minimal oversight is expected, in both individual and team settings. The work may require collaboration with various academic collaborators and commercial customers. Strong technical writing skills are required for the preparation of project reports, as well as proposals for future funding. Opportunities will be provided for presentation of work at conferences and publication in refereed journals.
The duties include effective use and extension of legacy scientific codes, development and implementation of new algorithms, development and use of parallel nonlinear optimization algorithms, and effective use of scientific workflows and visualization in a Linux environment.
The anticipated start date for this position is prior to April 2021. The position requires existing authorization to work for any employer in the United States, with no need for employer sponsorship. The work must be conducted within the United States.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and skills:
1) a PhD in physics or a related field, with at least one year of postdoctoral experience
2) physical understanding and demonstrated expertise in the simulation of charged particle dynamics, plasma physics or electromagnetic structures
3) strong software development skills, including experience with collaborative open source projects or experience with multiple approaches to parallel computing
4) interest in working on a variety of projects, in a variety of application areas, often with the need to quickly understand new types of technical challenges
Other desirable skills and experience include the following: a strong AI background with demonstrated use of AI techniques for scientific modeling or data analysis, complex magnet modeling and design, particle accelerator or x-ray beamline design, a strong background in applied mathematics or mathematical physics, recent technical publications and conference presentations, or proposal writing success.
To avoid having your application rejected for non-compliance, please consider carefully the following requirements:
1) A cover letter is required.
2) A separate PDF resume or CV must be attached to the Indeed.com application.
3) The phone screening must be completed within 5 business days of the application.
RadiaSoft offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401k with 6% 1-to-1 employer matching, and flexible hours. Opportunities are provided for long-term career development and professional success, including the possibility of funding your own research through proposal writing.
RadiaSoft is committed to developing a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status or military service.