The position of Accounting Analyst Intern, Shared Services Rakuten USA offers an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with some of the brightest entrepreneurs. The successful candidate must be familiar with intermediate accounting & finance and possess strong inter-personal skills. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to support the departments growing internal customer base and the finance and accounting teams by creating and maintaining efficient processes, owning daily and monthly duties such as accounts payable, bank deposits, and account schedule maintenance and assisting in ad hoc accounting and reporting projects.
· Assist with the preparation of month end financial reports
· Post general journal entries
· Help with accounts payable, accounts receivable
· Support the finance team with the completion and submission of weekly business forecasts
· Support the accounting team in updating account reconciliations
· Assist with Ad-hoc assignments and special projects
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be detail focused and possess strong analytical skills and initiative
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required
· Ability to work independently on assignments and time management
· Proficiency in Excel and other general ledger applications (QuickBooks, Oracle, etc.)
· Graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
· Working towards a BS in Accounting/Finance
· Minimum GPA of 3.2
· Relevant prior internship experience (preferred)
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
· Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success – Kaizen.
· Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
· Hypothesize – Practice – Validate – Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
· Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
· Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.