Performs laboratory support responsibilities in a fast-paced production environment; preparation of microbiological samples & media, cleaning, waste disposal, and basic maintenance functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sterilize and dispose biohazardous waste according to established procedures.
• Prepare media and reagents to support microbiology testing, ensuring products are
documented, aliquoted, labelled and quality control specifications are met.
• Perform and document routine laboratory maintenance tasks such as sample archiving, basic equipment monitoring, waste disposal and cleaning (laboratory and labware).
• Assist Lab Techs in sample preparation and weighing of test items, as required.
• Adhere to lab safety procedures and reporting standards.
• Follow written Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
• As needed, perform shipping/receiving duties and keep external/customer facing areas clear.
• Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Basic computer skills.
• Attention to Detail.
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma, or equivalent.
• Demonstrates ability to work with a team.
• Able to multitask.
• Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.