Rapidan Energy Group Seeks a Full-Time Oil Market Analyst
Rapidan Energy Group is an independent energy market, policy, and geopolitical analysis firm operating from the Washington, DC area. We are a highly regarded consultancy led by a team of former senior officials and policymakers who have served in top government posts in the energy policy, national security, and intelligence areas. Our team provides differentiated energy market insight and research to a breadth of clients, including leading corporations and financial market participants.
We are seeking a full-time Oil Market Analyst to assist our growing Global Oil Team. The analyst will support all aspects of the Team’s portfolio by researching energy industry and market developments, maintaining and improving proprietary databases and models, writing and editing short client reports, enhancing coverage across the energy value chain – from upstream to downstream, and assisting with additional client deliverables and ad hoc projects.
• Collect, organize, and analyze statistical data across the oil and gas value chain – upstream, midstream, and downstream
• Closely monitor energy industry news and track global oil market developments
• Maintain supply/demand models for crude oil and refined products
• Maintain, improve, and build proprietary datasets and models in Microsoft Excel
• Conduct specialized research for specific assignments and ad hoc projects
• Prepare and proofread a variety of concise written reports
• Assist with preparation of PowerPoint presentations, including chart design
• Outstanding quantitative skills and mastery of Microsoft Excel; competency with Python and SQL a strong plus
• Demonstrated ability to organize and convey complex analysis in clear, concise, written reports (finalists may be required to complete a test to assess writing, editing and Excel skills)
• Strong knowledge of, and a demonstrated interest in, the energy industry; familiarity with oil market supply/demand fundamentals and commodity price differentials preferred
• Familiarity with petroleum supply chain dynamics, from well-level production through the refined products market
• Experience creating PowerPoint decks and conveying analysis in a concise and engaging manner
• Superb attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple projects, and produce analysis under tight deadlines
• Efficient, dedicated, self-starter able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Exceptional English comprehension, speaking, writing and editing skills
• BA/BS required; major in economics or a related field preferred
• 0-3 years experience as an oil market analyst or similar; 2-3 years preferred
• Ability to work remotely within Eastern Time business hours
• Permanent authorization to work in the United States
• To be considered, all candidates must submit (1) a resume; (2) a cover letter describing the candidate’s suitability for the position and desire to learn about energy market dynamics; (3) contact information for two academic or professional references; and (4) an unofficial transcript if less than 1 year of work experience.
Please send your resume, along with other supporting documents and contact information, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants whose submission includes each of the three (or four) requirements noted above will receive a reply. Please do not contact Rapidan Energy Group by phone.
Rapidan Energy Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers generous health, retirement, and leave policies and plans.