BBN Technologies is seeking an IT Undergraduate Co-Op for Fall 2021 and possibly beyond in our Cambridge, MA office to support IT staff in administration of IT equipment.
BBN offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. If you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative, we’d like to hear from you!
What will you do?
- Installation and configuration of server hardware and possibly network equipment
- Writing scripts to make daily life easier
- Maintain data center needs which includes verifying server and equipment health status.
- Tasks could also include organization of data center and disposition of retired servers.
- Support servers running both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Organize and maintain IT document repository
- Consult with vendors, as well as performing research and evaluation of products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment for new installations or upgrading existing systems
- Maintain open communication and positive working relationships with all staff
What will you need?
- Junior or senior student currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field of study.
- Familiarity with administration of Windows 10 operating systems
- Experience with PC hardware repair of laptops, desktops, and servers
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME / BENEFICIAL
- Familiarity with additional operating systems (i.e. CentOS, Windows Server)
- Experience with scripting
- Experience with basic IT infrastructure services, security, and protocols
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.