RealtyMogul is seeking an intelligent, motivated, detail-oriented individual to handle a variety of roles – including accounting, bookkeeping, cash management and spreadsheet analysis. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy, meticulous, personable, and be able to both take direction and be resourceful. The position reports directly to the Controller.
What You’ll Do:
- Hands on involvement and integral contributor to the full cycle accounting process for corporate consolidated financial statements including: month end close process, bank, credit card and other account reconciliations, accruals, journal entries, and preparing and maintaining supporting documentation.
- Assist with overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensure financial statements are GAAP compliant.
- Aid in the processing of monthly and quarterly distributions to investors.
- Assist in the processing of a high volume of 1099s.
- Interface with external CPA firm for tax and related filings, including K-1’s.
- Manage Special Purpose Entities from formation and bank account creation to quarterly bookkeeping and tax filings
- Support the annual audits, including the preparation of schedules provided to auditors.
- Work closely with sales, operations, and other departments to address various business needs
- Provide miscellaneous ad hoc support to the Controller on various subject matters
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, preferably with a focus in financial services
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes, internal controls, financial analysis tools and techniques.
- Impressive attention to detail; ability to learn quickly and execute effectively
- Resourceful team player
- Ability to stay organized with a wide variety of tasks
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable team player willing to do whatever it takes
- Advanced skills with MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint