Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it since 2012 and have backed more than 90 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $700 million in capital invested into over $3.5 billion of real estate nationwide. We were named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
As CTO at RealtyMogul, you will be managing engineering, back-end product, data and IT with responsibility for all enterprise applications and security. You will own RealtyMogul’s core intellectual property for years to come.
This role is remote, United States
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute the strategic technology roadmap to strengthen RealtyMogul’s competitive market position and effectively scale the business
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and motivate a team of highly talented engineers, product managers, data specialists and IT professionals
- Be a strong thought leader on defining and implementing scalable process and solutions to support key initiatives and stakeholders across the RealtyMogul ecosystem
- Own delivery of all technical initiatives including front-end user facing technologies and back-end operational technologies
- Effective development and management of a secure network that supports the growth of the organization, reduces the risk of outside breaches and protects sensitive internal and external client information
- Develop and maintain the data infrastructure to enable nimble decision making across the organization
- Manage the product team to prioritize initiatives and define desired architectures to bring user stories to completion
- Active contributor and member of the senior leadership team
- Identify and prioritize development initiatives, timetables, implementation and deployment of product
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent
- Consistently evaluates technical efficiency of the platform and makes changes as necessary
Who You Are:
- You have grown technology teams from a handful of engineers to 15+
- You are as comfortable managing a small engineering team as you are multiple dedicated engineering groups
- You have been building scalable production applications for 10+ years with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- You have managed the development of high traffic client-facing applications
- You are deeply familiar with Agile software development
- You have a strong focus on process and optimization, and you believe in continuous improvement
- You possess a deep understanding of modern application architecture, design principles, and patterns
- Experience with Amazon AWS