Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it since 2012 and have backed more than 90 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $700 million in capital invested into over $3.5 billion of real estate nationwide. We were named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
RM Communities is seeking a Director of Acquisitions to help expand its multifamily portfolio with an emphasis on both value-add and stabilized B and C class properties. The ideal candidate will have strong acquisitions experience from deal sourcing through closing.
The candidate will have at least five years of experience and a proven track record of success in real estate analysis and acquisitions. The Director of Acquisitions must have the ability to work independently and in collaboration with the rest of the acquisitions team and other RealtyMogul and RM Communities staff.
The Director of Acquisitions has responsibility for sourcing, underwriting, and acquiring multifamily investment opportunities.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
While we are located in Los Angeles, this role is remote.
What You’ll Do:
- Interfacing with the brokerage community and sellers directly to source multifamily investment opportunities.
- Underwriting and recommending acquisition targets after researching properties, rent and sale comps, submarkets, demographics, physical characteristics, and other pertinent information.
- Foster, establish, and maintain good working relationships with brokers, sellers, lenders, property managers, and vendors to help facilitate acquisitions.
- Create investment proformas including business plans and debt assumptions.
- In conjunction with asset management team, create and review capital budgets and business plans and coordinate with third party managers and other sources to help fully define and vet investment opportunities.
- Prepare letters of intent after presentation to investment committee.
- Work with RealtyMogul team, sellers, brokers, and attorneys to negotiate purchase and sale agreements.
- Be the focal point of the due diligence process including gathering and analyzing due diligence materials and coordinating third party reports. This includes verifying property details, market analyses, title/survey, rent comps, as well as completing property inspections, unit walks, lease file audits, and maintenance audits.
- Work with lenders to identify optimal debt strategies.
- Ability to write clear and concise communications and draft Investment Memoranda for presentation to the firm’s Investment Committee.
- The ability to cultivate and maintain relationships is critical.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 7 years in multifamily real estate acquisitions background with a proven closing track record.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Economics preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel including the ability to create complex financials models and waterfalls.
- Self-starter and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task.
- Experience negotiating debt term sheets and coordinating lender financing.
- Ability to travel frequently.