Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it for 8 years and have backed more than 70 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $650 million in capital invested into over $3.1 billion of real estate nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
The Investment Operations Associate is responsible for supporting the fundraising process and administrating a positive sponsor experience from commitment to closing; responsibilities include collaborating with internal and external partners to ensure compliance of internal procedures and materials.
The Investment Operations Associate facilitates communication and organization between operating partners and the RealtyMogul team; administrating and performing operational processes to facilitate fundraising and closing activity. This role supports the creation and compliance of content and marketing materials related to commercial real estate investment opportunities offered though the technology platform. This role organizes and communicates timelines for investment activity between operating partners and the RealtyMogul Team.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This is a remote position.
What You’ll Do:
- Welcome commercial real estate sponsors to fundraising on the RealtyMogul platform; communicate and administrate the fundraising process with operating partners from deal launch to close.
- Coordinate with the RealtyMogul team to support the investment opportunity timeline and web platform.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of web content for investment opportunities on the RealtyMogul platform; coordinate with operating partners and Originations Team during the web content review to launch process.
- Assist in the review of private placement memorandums, subscription agreements and operating agreements for consistency of real estate transaction data.
- Support marketing firm communication and assist in both internal marketing and third-party marketing review; confirm content to internal content checklists, validate details between legal documentation and content and track the progress using internal systems.
- Assist in webinar coordination.
- Updated internal calendars/trackers for transparency across the broader RealtyMogul Team.
- Coordinate with the Originations Team to collect and review due diligence items required to launch, call capital, and fund the investment opportunity.
- Set up applications and coordinate the account opening process with third party vendors for investment funding needs.
- Collaborate with the Marketplace Operations Team to facilitate fundraising activity; effectively communicate updates pertaining to fundraising activity to operating partners.
- Collaborate in cross-departmental team discussions for improving efficiency and effectiveness of commercial real estate, marketplace operations and internal marketing teams.
- Support the funding and closing timeline by detailed and timely updates between operating partners and the RealtyMogul team.
- Collaborate with Marketplace Operations and Accounting Teams for transactional invoices.
- Coordinate and review post close items to ensure all internal files are organized.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of operations or commercial real estate processing experience required; experience with closing process and reviewing transactional legal documents.
- Top tier communication skills.
- Excellent ability to create regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Relevant work experience in investment management or investment administration applicable.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Extreme attention to detail and reliable.
- Ability to organize and present detailed project plans.