Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it for 8 years and have backed more than 70 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $650 million in capital invested into over $3.1 billion of real estate nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
RealtyMogul is seeking an exceptional and experienced Python Developer to join our development team. Your role will be to build, maintain, and improve the RealtyMogul platform. Your impact will be immediate in successfully scaling RealtyMogul as the leading online real estate investment platform.
We are based in Los Angeles, CA but this role can be remote.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, maintain, and expand new features and functionality for the RealtyMogul platform
- Be able to write clean and concise code
- Include test coverage for all development
- Help define coding standards and perform code reviews to maintain a high-quality codebase
- Be a core member of our growing dev team and help identify continuous improvements to our process
- Be involved in defining technical solutions that allow for a blend of functionality, elegant user experience, stability and maintainability
- Collaborate with the product, marketing and Senior Management teams as needed
Who You Are:
- You have experience writing and maintaining application code within a microservice architecture
- You have experience with event-based development patterns
- You have experience working with AWS services like API Gateway, ECS, Lambda, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, and Cognito
- You have experience with serverless systems development
- You have experience creating, using, and deploying Docker containers
- You are able to write unit, integration, functional, and regression tests for your code
- You are able to review team members’ code and provide insightful feedback
- Experience migrating legacy applications to microservices based architecture a plus
- Experience with React a plus