Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it for 8 years and have backed more than 70 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $650 million in capital invested into over $3.1 billion of real estate nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
RM Communities is seeking an exceptional and experienced Senior Associate to help grow our direct acquisitions business. Your role will be to underwrite potential multifamily acquisitions from scratch and run the due diligence and closing process once deals are under contract. Your impact will be immediate and critical to successfully scaling RM Communities as a best in class owner-operator for multifamily assets.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
While we are located in Los Angeles, this role is remote.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals, economic trends, comparable sales, vacancy, and rental rates.
- Analyze and synthesize data from a variety of sources including CoStar, Axiometrics, and market research reports.
- Underwrite multifamily acquisitions from scratch through financial modeling in Excel, including creating and maintaining detailed financial analyses to evaluate prospective investments using operating statements, rent rolls, historical performance and sound judgement for assumptions moving forward.
- Draft and provide summary analysis for multiple iterations of investment proformas to stress test different business plans and assumptions.
- Assist in performing acquisition due diligence, including reviewing leases, contracts, historical operating statements, and third-party reports.
- In conjunction with the asset management team, create and review capital budgets and business plans and coordinate with third party managers and other sources to help fully define and vet investment opportunities.
- Be the focal point of the due diligence process including gathering and analyzing due diligence materials and coordinating third party reports. This includes verifying property details, market analyses, title/survey, rent comps, as well as completing property inspections, unit walks, lease file audits, and maintenance audits.
- Submit packages to lenders and evaluate term sheets to identify optimal debt strategies.
- Work with insurance brokers to source optimal insurance coverage.
- Maintain pipelines in Salesforce for Director of Acquisitions.
- Assist an analyst in managing their workload and career trajectory
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience in private equity real estate underwriting and processing commercial real estate transactions
- Substantial experience analyzing investments and exerting judgement
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel including the ability to create complex financials models and waterfalls from scratch
- Professionally persistent and have grace and composure under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where iteration is the norm
- Experience with multiple commercial real estate asset classes a plus